Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bit Late

 This pumpkin spent the last couple of weeks hanging out on my table.  It almost wasn't a Jack-O-Lantern.

I wasn't feeling quite my best today but in the end, I just couldn't stand not carving it for Halloween.

I thought if it was carved and set out to gaze at the street those increasingly rare creatures, Trick or Treaters might be drawn to my door, much like Hansel and Gretel to gingerbread.

In the end, a car did manage to find itself to the end of our street, slowly turned, and left. Apparently, little Jack here couldn't combat the shadows of our yard.

Thus, marks year three with no Trick or Treater encounters.  At least, The Finman's candy stash remains (mostly) unmolested.

6 comments:

  1. Even before we sold our home we seldom had any trick or treaters. Where have all the little urchins gone?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. fragilewisdom, thanks sis.

    LowandSlow, I guess they are mostly at fall festivals and trunk or treats but I miss having them come to the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pumpkin. All of mine are now molded with an electric light. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is cute. Thanks for the skype visit with him.

    ReplyDelete

Please play nicely.