Saturday, January 26, 2013

Was That Something Shiny? Another Beautiful and Peaceful Day

American Goldfinch, Adult Nonbreeding
I've been trying to get a good look at this guy since last week.
 The distractions are unending.  This is how my days go:
  • Create List of Chores for the Day
  • First on list - Replace the roller in the vacuum with the new roller ordered from Bissell.
  • Try out vacuum. It works. 
  • Vacuum. (On List.)
  • Oh, look at the piano... dusty, dusty, dusty.
  • Dust piano. (Not on List.)
  • Knock over piano bench.  See old college piano book.
  • Think, "Maybe I should play something." (Not on list.)
  • Work on the first line of song last played (by me) in 1994. (Not on list.)
  • Start to workout (on list). 
  • Watch birdfeeder while working out.
  • Stop workout to take photos. (Not on list.)
  • Finish workout.
  • Identify birds from photos. (Not on list.)
Yes, this is how it goes...

Now, at two in the afternoon, there is no telling what else is in store.
HEY, I CALLED DIBS!
Company...


5 comments:

  1. sounds about like my day. It hasn't gone at all as I planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted using firefox from little guy. f

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you ambitious for a Saturday! I got tired just reading this. I'm gonna relax and enjoy an adult beverage now. Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool B! Love the goldfinches and the cardinal.

    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have different birds out here. I miss those birds.
    The images bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete

Please play nicely.